View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Translating entire pages

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but if not .... Google has a toolbar with a "translate" button on it that will translate whole web pages into English from all sorts of different languages.

They probably have translation buttons (or settings anyway) that go from other languages to other languages ... other than English, anyway.

I just tested it on a few posts from the French Forum, and while it's not perfect, it's pretty damn good. You essentially get the whole page, in it's original format, but with the language translated.

I'm using it with Firefox. I'm sure they must make the Google toolbar for other browsers, but I can only vouch for how it works in Firefox.

Ooooo .... just found the setting regarding the language. You can set it to pretty much whatever you want. Orrrr .... maybe not, I selected French, but it's still stuck on English.

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 02-09-2009 at 01:53 PM.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote