View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 05:27 AM   #50
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
We're talking about 20-30 grams...
From the Forma to Sage about 44 grams difference (i.e., about a 22.5% increase in weight — or somewhere between a fifth to a quarter in additional weight). That's fairly significant but even more significant is the change in Kobo's focus. With the Forma Kobo emphasizes how light the reader is — "lightweight" and "lighter than air" in the Forma blurb. And people bought it because of that. Now the Sage is going to be (at best) average, but nearer the top of the weight range for 7.8" to 8" readers. Inkpad 3 (7.8") is 210 grams (lighter than the Libre 2, which is 7") and the Inkpad 3 Plus (7.8") is 225 grams, just 10 grams heavier. Heck I noticed a significant difference between my PocketBook Basic Lux (180 grams) and my PocketBook Touch HD3 (155 grams). This is definitely a change from getting lighter to lighter to lighter and then change direction and jump to heavier. (I'm guessing the Mobius screen caused issues that Kobo no longer wanted to deal with.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote