View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 04:18 PM   #9
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'd instinctively have written a much less elegant traditional batch file, JScript or VBScript. I realize PowerShell has been around for close to a decade now, but I distinctly recall purposefully installing it and fleeing to Cygwin Bash, which I'd been using for some basic "batch" (shell) scripts to great satisfaction.

Windows 7 may have integrated PowerShell, but I upgraded from XP to Debian because 7 broke all my stuff anyway.

Edit: For the sake of fairness I should probably add that PowerShell isn't half as useful on XP as it is on 7.

Last edited by Frenzie; 01-10-2019 at 04:21 PM.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote