View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneD View Post
Your story really reinforces that these are two different animals.

Maybe people also know what to expect with the iPad: basically a computer on a portable screen. Whereas many people have never seen a Kindle and that makes it a more rare beast.

I'm dying to see the Graphite in person, too. A friend recently ordered one so I'm hoping I can compare our DXs and stop eating my heart out so hard over it!
At first, I wasn't that impressed with DX Graphite. Probably expectations in "new generation of screen" had been too high.
But yesterday, when taking it out of the "sock" and showing it to my first colleague, the screen saver really was impressive. I think it was "Jane Austen" and the letters of the name had been extremely dark and the contrast of the picture was quite convincing.

And personally, I'm kind of glad about these reactions. I'd been a bit worried about all the hype "iPad killing all other readers". Sometimes, this kind of "hysteria" tends to become a self-fulfilling prophecy...

Last edited by mgmueller; 07-20-2010 at 09:15 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote