View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 04:19 AM   #65
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
I installed the new firmware yesterday (after a few problems with my i62HD not detecting my spare microSD card, and then my USB-microSD adapter corrupting things).

I've noticed a couple of anomalies:
  1. FBReader comes up in a 'full-screen' mode -- just the book text, no page numbers, time, battery level or options icon. Is there any way to restore these?
  2. The PDF manual (which didn't appear under the older firmware) appears to be for the older (and non-touch) A60.
Additionally, there appear to be some new settings options. Most seem self-explanatory, but can anybody tell me what 'Metadata Extraction' does?
Hi,
1. In menu at the bottom select "exit full screen"

2. "Metadata extraction" means if you want to display titels instead of file names, those data have to be extracted first from files. It slows down the file explorer noticeably, if you have a lot of files in your storages. If you prefer to see file names, you can switch off "Metadata extraction"
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote