Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 10:10 PM   #1235
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LvE View Post
I have a Kobo Clara HD, and I have some annoying issues with it.
Sometimes when I swipe to flip to the next page, it jumps back a random number of pages. Very inconvenient.
I contacted with Kobo support, and they offered to replace the physical unit. This would imply that it is a hardware issue and not software, What do you think? should I go for it?
i mean to ask if there are any other Clara HD-owners that don't have this problem?
Yes. They must have a reason to think this is a hardware defect, or they wouldn't be offering to replace it.

For the record, there have been firmware issues in the past that caused problems like this, but, not for a long time. And going back a page accidentally can happen with a bad tap that gets seen as a swipe, but, it should only be one page.
Quote:
Another issue is that changing font sometimes doesn't work, mainly with books made with Calibre, not so with books I bought a store like Kobo and others.
That usually means that there is something hardcoded in the book that the reader cannot override. It is usually a sign of a badly constructed book. Exactly what cannot be overridden is different for epubs and kepubs
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote