View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 04:41 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-novice View Post
Believe it or not -this story wasn't over. See,

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291110

After all this time, suddenly I can now add books to Calibre when I launch Calibre from firejail. I do not know if it's because of the new version 4+ or all the new upgrades from KDE in the last couple of weeks / month. Anyway, I can now add books when Calibre is launched from firejail.

Now however, I cannot use book Viewer when Calibre is launched from firejail. When I double click on a book, nothing happens.
Clicking on the View icon or choosing View with calibre e-book viewer. Nothing happens not even an error pop up box.

As well, Edit book doesn't work either.

Everything works fine when Calibre is launched outside of firejail though
I will say that it's rather stupid to sandbox Calibre It's not a security risk and it causes no harm to your system. So stop trying ot run Calibre in a worthless sandbox program. Just run Calibre normally and it will work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote