View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 06:57 PM   #1
MarjaE
Fanatic
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story HD, Amazon Kindle 5, and Amazon Kindle DX
Kindle Speeds? Tricks to speed things up?

I am borrowing a Kindle Keyboard (not sure which generation) and it seems lightning fast compared with my Kindle Dx.

* Opening collections takes about a second on the Keyboard, 3 seconds on the Dx.

* Adding bookmarks takes about a second on the Keyboard, 10 to 15 seconds on the Dx.

* Adding books to new collections can take 20 to 30 seconds on the Dx. It's a frustrating time sink if I'm trying to move articles I've read to special collections.

Is there a way to compare Kindle speeds? Between K1/K2, Dx, Keyboard, maybe the newer Voyage and Oasis?

I'm already using some user-end tricks to try to speed things up, not sure if there are better options:

* I've trimmed a lot of books off my Kindle. I would like to have a mix of reading and handy reference, but...

* I use Willus' k2opt to pre-process pdfs for my Kindle. I've also tried Ghostscript but the k2pdf files are much faster to open and load.

* I use Calibre for collections management.

I'd also installed Launchpad and Librerator on my Kindle. I haven't used them in a long time, so as long as I can still use Calibre to set up Kindle collections, I'm open to uninstalling them.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote