View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 08:27 PM   #15
AnotherCat
Me
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Which really isn't an advantage for me. I like reasonably sized fonts, neither too big nor too little At one time I read that the ideal column length is 35 characters. That may (or may not) be true, but I do know that when I've adjusted my fonts to taste, the line length usually ends up being about 40 characters. And that's where I'm comfortable.
But the point is because of the much higher contrast ratios of LCD and OLED panels your "reasonably sized fonts, neither too big nor too little" and a panel width of 40 characters will be much clearer on LCD/OLED displays than on an E Ink display.

If you find inferior contrast ratio displays meet your need because you use "reasonably sized fonts" that is just fine. I have just stated a fact from which springs the reason of font clarity why some of us prefer displays with contrast ratios much superior to E Ink.

Just like many are happy watching movies on LCD TVs but others have reasons to appreciate the better result from OLEDs (that result contributed to by their better contrast ratio). For myself I am happy with LCD TV panels (the better ones) for movies but when I see people post in a forum somewhere the fact that why movies are better presented on xOLED TV panels I don't feel any pressing need to point out that OLED "really isn't an advantage for me" as that has nothing to do with the fact claimed, but would rather be a statement seeking to give myself comfort for my inferior choice.

Last edited by AnotherCat; 09-14-2019 at 08:33 PM.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote