View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Hello,
thanks for your reply. Actually I have a 110/220 transformateur, so for now I use that. However it does not fit new french plugs (which are recessed in a small circle), so there is only one (old) plug in my house where i can use it. And, because the ebook transformateur is quite heavy and it's not a very snug fit, it's not very secure ; I am afraid it will fall out (the plug is quite high on the wall, so if it falls it will probably break, or break whatever it falls on). So I want to replace altogether the original transfo / plug, instead of using it with another transfo / plug in front.

i think i need something like this :
http://www.millionbuy.com/cbycav1.html

but with a french plug ; I think this is the one you were talking about, but it's an american product so I imagine it has an american plug.

I have found these :
http://www.abix.fr/xxdisplayproduct....12&xtor=ADC-15
http://cgi.ebay.fr/Transformateur-un...sid=p1638.m124

(you can see on the first one, the round platform to adapt to new french plugs).

but : i don't know what you mean when you say center positive ? also, the transformateur that came with the ebook says 1000mA, what's the difference if I get one with 800mA ? will it affect the battery life ? (I'm sorry if these are stupid questions, but I don't really know anything about electricity !) since I am in France I have no warranty, so I don't want to take any risks, i would be really sad to blow up the ebook I only bought a few weeks ago.

also i am surprised they are so much more more expensive than the coby one ; coby is on sale for 4.95$ (regular price is 9.99$), the ones i have found are around 20 (plus shipping, if i buy them online). So I am wondering if there is something I'm missing ... it's clear I would rather pay 5 than 20 if I can and I only need this transformateur for the ebook, so a basic one will be fine.

So... are the ones I have found right ? anyone knows where I can buy one for the same price as the coby ?

thanks very much...
Cheers
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote