View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 05:15 PM   #9
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
There are some books that I just wouldn't want as an ebook for practical reasons, and I suspect I'm not alone. Any book that will be used in an environment where it is likely to get damaged isn't, in my opinion anyway, a good candidate for an ebook. For me that would include at least some cookery books (some I use solely as inspiration and never actually refer to during cooking) and metalworking books.

On top of that, I have a lot of photography and realted books that wouldn't work on a small black and white screen (seeing the effect of a polariser filter on a blue sky works better in colour, as does a book of the photos of Joe Cornish). So I suspect paper books will be around for quite a while.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote