View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
referenced resource missing in the package

Hi

I opened this thread on the calibre forum because I was puzzled by something.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=236427

It concerns one EPUB file of mine, coming straight from the converter writer2xhtml, and unsaved. Epubcheck reports two referenced resources missing in the package concerning the two otf fonts.

If I open the EPUB (with any Sigil from 0.6.2 to 0.7.4), I can see that the two otf files are in the Fonts folder, their relevant item in the manifest (content.opf) has the right src path (../Fonts/xxxx and resource

Code:
<item href="Fonts/LinLibertine_R.otf" id="resource5" media-type="application/vnd.ms-opentype" />
    <item href="Fonts/LinLibertine_RI.otf" id="resource6" media-type="application/vnd.ms-opentype" />
I also fail to see any mistake in the @font-face declaration:
Code:
@font-face {
    font-family:'Linux Libertine O';  
    font-weight: normal;
    font-style: normal;
    src: url('../Fonts/LinLibertine_R.otf');
}
Furthermore, if I save it (just saving it, without doing anything), Epubcheck will report no error and I fail to spot the smallest change in the EPUB.

As you can read Kovid Goyal says that this EPUB is "broken". I have been using writer2xhtml for the last three years and I fail to see what is "broken".

Could someone have a look and spot what exactly is "broken"?

Last edited by roger64; 03-25-2014 at 10:49 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote