View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #21
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
I'm so used to using Word, I'd be hesitant to use O.O. or L.O.. I end up using Sigil so I'd be interested to know if O.O. and L.O. are compatible with Sigil. What's your opinion of them in general, esp. compared to Word?
There is an extension/plug-in Writer2xhtml that will allow you to export from OpenOffice or LibreOffice to EPub - which you can then open in Sigil for a final tidy-up. Writer2xhtml does a very good job of producing a fairly clean epub, but like all office software, there's generally some invisible detritus in there that I like to eliminate (and I'm also obsessive about other things ).
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote