Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
Yes, both the Glo and the Touch have 2.3.1 Just going to do some more testing and see if returning to Home before sleeping makes a difference.
That is a good idea. From my experience, it doesn't make a difference, but, the battery on my Glo doesn't consistently drain as fast as you are seeing. I have seen the batter drop more than expected at time, but generally I can relate those to when I was reading a lot.

Is the epub you are loading available anywhere? If it is a free book somewhere, then the rest of us can try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
To check whether the problem is with sideloaded books in general or something wrong with the specific books you have sideloaded, you could download the epub version of the free Kobo book that had no problems and see if there is any difference when it is sideloaded.
That is also a good test. Plus if it doesn't cause problems, we should be able to open it and compare to the problem book.

Another interesting test would be to load a book that seems to be causing problems as a .kepub.epub. That would show if it was something ADE was doing on the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote