View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #475
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by auspex View Post
That doesn't seem right: Title and Author DO sync - if I don't have them in Calibre, I can choose "Add to Calibre" and it creates them (with the series)
That has nothing whatsoever to do with the Goodreads Sync plugin. This plugin does *not* change title/author in and of itself.
Quote:
Anyway, once I get a match between my Goodreads shelves and Calibre I can do a metadata download to get anything else.
Yes that part is true - but that is what I said above - the Goodreads metadata plugin is used to download metadata about a book.
Quote:
I also don't think "date read, rating and comments" are optional - if I omit the first two, I'm unable to sync at all - the shelf doesn't appear in the Sync options.
You have to have "some" rule in order to setup a shelf to sync. However that rule does *not* have to be one of date read, rating or comments. You can setup a rule to set a value in a custom column instead, for instance to set a #read yes/no column to "Yes" if the books is on your "read" shelf in goodreads.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote