View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhytte View Post
I'd like to get a csv output first:

1) Why create catalog button clicked and options title/author/size picked in that order gives author/size/title columns in csv

2) Why very few of the titles not sorted by title alphabetical order (yes I sorted them in alpabetical title order in calibre (Yes they are sorted OK in Calibre view)

(I don't know if you have another way of doing this output, if so , please show me how:
After getting the csv file I open it with comma and quotation mark ticked and save as xls and html to view it either from my desktop or web copy to check and see if I have that particular book or what I have with specific author etc.

If you know another way to create such htm output from the books listed in my calibre without running the calibre please show me how: )
The CSV and XML output formats are intermediate formats, meaning that they are intended to be used as input to another program, for example a spreadsheet program. After importing the file, you can rearrange the columns and sort the contents in Excel as you choose.

It sounds like you have a particular workflow with Excel - why not create a macro?

You might also consider outputting your catalog in EPUB format and using the calibre reader to view it. You can create a catalog from the CLI, writing the output to your desktop, then open it from there. You can do all that without opening calibre's GUI.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote