View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #65
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Arrow geekmaster post # 4K (4096) :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
So the two capture files will help to determine that.

One factor against there being two kernels, each for a specific purpose, is that in the image files under discussion here, the two kernels are bitwise (and checksum wise) identical[COLOR added for partial reply matching, not "emphasis"].
Page back a bit in the thread.

PS: If you quote someone, please do not change the text of the quote. That includes any emphasis. I already have include the emphasis that I felt was required in my original.

The normal practice when adding emphasis in written communications is to make a note of "emphasis added".
I remove text in a quote that is not relevant to my reply, which is recommended in the MobileRead forum guidelines for posting here.

I mark portions of quotes and portions of my replies in matching colors, to show what part of my reply refers to which part of the quote. The colors are for matching, not for emphasis.

If you follow the link I provided, it links to yifalu's website, where he uses a script that flashes BOTH kernels with his custom kernel, which explains why they would be identical.

P.S. I commonly correct common obvious spelling errors in quotes too, instead of inserting "[sic]" after unchanged errors. Embedded editorial comments in a quote, such as [Emphasis added], only makes it harder to interpret the technical content. But color changes do not affect comprehension, so I use that...

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-27-2012 at 11:26 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote