View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #10
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Anabran, your comparison of the Google Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire is well thought out. I don't really disagree with any of your points, although I'd have to be convinced that Nexus's superior screen resolution doesn't make a difference by seeing the devices side-by-side.

You neglected to mention several items that the Nexus 7 does have that the Fire doesn't:
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS
  • Microphone
Those features may not matter to some but may be deciding factors for others. Although I don't think it's very practical with a smaller 7" screen, I do appreciate a Bluetooth keyboard with my larger 10.1" tablet. And GPS can come in handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
9)Audio?
KF =craptastic speakers on top basicaly useless unless you happen to sealed in a sound proof room the size of a coffin

N7 =*possibly* even crappier thin "speaker slots" on the bottom rear of the device.
solution ..obvious use head/earphone for both devices..
My 10.1" Acer Iconia A500 has speakers on the bottom rear, and the sound quality is great. Also, there are some not-too-expensive mini speakers that plug into all tablets. I have a $20 iHome iHM60 speaker. There are some good Bluetooth speakers as well that could be used with the Nexus 7. They're more costly, but no wires would be nice!

I don't have either device myself, and I'm not interested because I already have a 7" tablet (Acer Iconia A100). I wanted a small tablet with a microSD slot (mainly for music when away from wifi) and HDMI out (to stream movies to big television). If I were in the market to buy and the choice was between the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire, I'd choose the Nexus 7...but that's just my preference. I think I'd use the extra features, and I appreciate easy access to both Google Play and Amazon Appstore.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote