View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 02:30 AM   #281
JayB
Enthusiast
JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950 PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Your 950 does not add any hyphens and any hyphenation you get is due to the hyphen happening to land at the end of the line.

I actually prefer the hyphenation as it gives us less large spaces between words. Sometimes you can get a lot of hyphens in printed books.
I experimented with this on my 950 and changing font size and using margin cut did not appear to add any additional hyphens.

You are right about printed books I just looked in a paperback and there were quite a few of them. It's been awhile since I've read a paper book. It's strange how there are so few of them on my 950.

Even in those screenshots Scion was nice enough to post look how the Kobo has hardly any hyphens then look at the Nook there are a lot.

I watched a YouTube review comparing the two and he also mentioned the hyphenation difference between the two readers.

In reality it is probably something you would just get used to like I did with paperbacks.
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote