View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #49
Stampercam
Connoisseur
Stampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to behold

Device: ipad, MiGear
I've been playing with the beta version (still procrastinating on the study thing ) and it is a great combination of both the plugins.

Having said that, I having workflow problems due to the way I'm trying to do things. If someone wants to suggest a different method, please feel free

Ok, so I'm running both my ipad (through itunes) and my husbands reader (connected to calibre directly) and will be adding my kids devices once I get workflow sorted.

the procedure I've been trying to use goes like this:
  1. add title to list (works great with the addition of multiple lists) - add tag ie. "on ipad" or "on hubby's"
  2. sync to device
  3. read book
  4. remove from device - remove the "on ipad" tag and add tag "read by cam"

At the moment using both plugins in combination I'm doing step 1 with the (original) reading list plugin which tags for me, then adding those titles to the book sync plugin when ready to send to device. Step 4 I've been doing manually with "remove from device" but changing the tag to "read by cam" beforehand.... does that make sense?

Using this new combined version of the plugins, as soon as the book is removed from the list the tag goes, which means that I don't have the tag in place telling me which books are on what device when the devices aren't connected.

My manual method is working but it is easy to miss steps so I'd love a suggestion

Cam

Last edited by Stampercam; 06-07-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: trying to make more sense
Stampercam is offline   Reply With Quote