View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 03:52 PM   #5
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
I was suspecting they might do something like disable WiFi on USB connection. That make sense.

As for someone hacking the device...of course people will. It's human nature to investigate. It's the reason we even have such devices. But misuse of that is also why services go away. For some people though this kinda thing is just too tasty a carrot to not chase after it...

I imagine the reason there is no pay-for-access broadband bundled with the Kindle is because the Sprint EVDO is not full stable or deployed as of yet. Anyway, the overhead of supporting a full function web-browser is problematic on small devices. I like they chose to provide some access and are looking to determine usage patterns. I imagine we might begin seeing more access of this sort in many devices we use. Very narrow scope of use and limited functionality specific to the device itself.

According to the deal as I understand it one will always have free access to the Wikipedia and Amazon's Kindle Store...??? Right? No?
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote