View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 03:58 PM   #13
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
"An enemy to those who make him an enemy, friend to those who have no friend."

I nominate Boston Blackie by Jack Boyle. I always enjoyed the radio series about the jewel thief turned detective, and listening to his run-ins with the police who are never fully persuaded his reform is genuine. This book contains 28 chapters, and not having yet read it, I don't know if they're stand-alone short stories or an actual novel. Wikipedia says "Boyle's stories were collected in the book Boston Blackie (1919), which was reprinted in 1979 by Gregg Press," so I am assuming this 2008 Pulpville Press reprint is actually a collection of short stories. At any rate, it should be fun. Boston Blackie was one of the greats.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 08-21-2010 at 04:01 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote