View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 03:20 AM   #14
mylesau
Enthusiast
mylesau began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Well it's now 2 weeks on from when I paid for my eBooks and I still do not have access to them as ePub files.

Yesterday they were finally made available to me, but only in the format supported by the Borders/Kobo desktop application. There was a hint in the email I received yesterday, that they may not be available in the Mobile ePub format - though both books are listed as being available in this format and other non-Kobo shops list them in ePub format, so they must be available... At this stage I'm not willing to download them using the desktop application as I will be requesting my money back if they are not available in the format they were advertised as being available in - I want to be able to transfer these books to other readers, not just the Kobo.

So the wait continues...

Apparently, if you can believe anything stated by Borders Australia, they now have access to correct the problem of books not showing up in the online 'MyLibrary'. The suggestion was that it can now be fixed in hours rather than days - it sounds like all requests had to go to Kobo Canada, which caused the days of delay. But they obviously can't fix the problem that I have in being able to download the Mobile ePub files...
mylesau is offline   Reply With Quote