View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 03:07 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Copying the .sdr folder along with the mobi file should do the trick.

Note, I think on newer models (or maybe it's just newer firmware versions), if your Kindle is registered, the mbp1 and mbs files may get a string added to the name e.g. <filename><some-weird-long-string>.mbp1

From observation, the weird string is a fixed value and I believe is tied to the registered account (same string is used on both my registered PW3 and PW4). You can install a batch file renamer utility to append this string to all your mbp1 and mbs files.

I recommend keeping a backup of your Kindle documents folder (including all .sdr folders and files inside it) on your computer to be safe. You can use something like FreeFileSync to keep the backup updated in case your current Paperwhite is still in active use.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote