View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 02:52 PM   #7
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
Well, I did a small comparision some time, and the smallest one is... PocketBook Touch HD 3: http://cyfranek.booklikes.com/post/1...nem-szesc-cali (in Polish).
Kobo Clara HD is on the 3rd place.
Thanks for that review. The PocketBook Touch HD 3 does seem to be a nice piece of kit. It’s beautiful, but at $159, a touch too pricey for me at this time, especially for what I had in mind.

I was surprised that the Tolino Shiny 3 rated better than the Clara HD since they are virtually the same device.

I was hoping to find a small, compact ereader to carry with me when I go longboarding. I have an iPhone in my pocket with the Kobo app and others installed, but I need to preserve the battery for emergencies when I’m out on the board. I suppose I could pick up on old Kobo Touch for $25 off of eBay, but it lacks an illuminated screen.

It seems that the Clara HD is the closest I’m going to get to the mini with a Kobo device. I’m surprised that the 5” screen or smaller hasn’t been utilized in the market. Not even a cheap Chinese knockoff of the mini is out there.

Thanks for everybody’s feedback so far.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote