View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 03:06 PM   #33
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'm quite surprised that so far, none of the nominations has been a retelling of a myth or Shakespeare! Among others, I was sure we'd have a nomination of one of the Madeline Miller retellings. I know Circe was a non-starter, but there was Achilles.

Another retelling I read based on a MR rec within the past year and which was a lot of fun was The Henchmen of Zenda, the Prisoner of Zenda from the POV of one of Black Michael's underlings, and like Achilles, is told from a gay perspective. But among other things, it would have been too soon after The Scarlet Pimpernel for another turn of the twentieth century romance, or even a riff on one.

Last edited by issybird; 03-04-2019 at 04:00 PM.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote