Thread: PRS-600 Gray scale
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
jswinden
Gone Fishing
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingies
I assume you are talking abut the contrast level of the screen and the darkness (or lack thereof) of the default fonts displayed on the screen. As elcreative stated there are no adjustments you can make via the 600. However, there are some tricks you can use to improve readability.
  • Replace the default 600 fonts with better, darker fonts. (This is complicated, but once accomplished all books will use these fonts.)
  • Strip the DRM from the book then use calibre to make the font display as bold text. (A bit complicated and it requires some knowledge of CSS.)
  • Add additional fonts to the 600, strip the DRM from the book, then use calibre to substitute the additional fonts for the default fonts. (Very complicated and it requires a lot of knowledge of CSS.)
  • Strip the DRM from the book then use calibre to convert it to LRF format and embed the fonts you want to substitute for the default fonts. (A bit complicated and I'm not sure whether the 600 can display LRF formatted books. The 300 can but the 900 cannot, I think.)

All of these options are documented in this forum so do a search for them.

Last edited by jswinden; 05-25-2010 at 02:46 PM.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote