View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 10:26 AM   #3
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmosDrChiper has become one with the cosmos

Device: pc, 600, t1, t2, t3, nexus 7, kobo aura 2, kobo clara HD, Pixel 3a
It involves sideloaded books and calibre is involved.

An example is a series in which father & son both have written (stand alone) books. So it is per book registered in their respective OPF as:
Code:
Father book 1 
<dc:creator opf:role="aut" opf:file-as="Lastname, J">J Lastname</dc:creator>
<meta content="HOT Serie" name="calibre:series"/>
<meta name="calibre:series_index" content="1.0"/>

Son book 2 
<dc:creator opf:role="aut" opf:file-as="Lastname, K">K Lastname</dc:creator>
<meta content="HOT Serie" name="calibre:series"/>
<meta name="calibre:series_index" content="2.0"/>
To get rid off possible additional metadata author entries (like J Lastname & F Othername & P Yetanother), I'm using the metadata plugboard per default like:
Code:
any format:KOBOTOUCH {authors:list_item(0,&)}
That gets me always the first registered author per book. In my library system first entry is always the REAL author name: the others can be aliases or supporting authors.

After sending to KOBO ereader, I expect to see on series something like:
Code:
HOT Serie
J Lastname, K Lastname
Some times it does, but sometimes all I get is:
Code:
HOT Serie
J Lastname
When I reboot the KOBO, in 1 out of 3 reboots I'm indeed able so see again:
Code:
HOT Serie
J Lastname, K Lastname
No idea why, hence my question.
I figured that KOBO creates the Series info on-the-fly as it is not present in the DB, and it seems to do that after disconnection (from calibre) and after a reboot. Only the latter is more thorough (I assume) and succeeds more often.

BTW: I'm using the latest FW 4.20.14622 and have seen the same issue on a KA2 with the same FW, so it is not device dependend.

Last edited by DrChiper; 05-12-2020 at 10:31 AM.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote