View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 12:21 PM   #75
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The schema shown (http uses port 80 as its default.
You can drop the ":80" from that url, which might help with the error message.
I will try this in the future. In the meantime I must correct an earlier statement, I WAS able to use the sox "play" on my laptop to play an internet radio stream. It turns out that sox can't determine the format of the stream and that AAC streams are not supported, but other than that it worked. The command that worked on my laptop was:

play -t mp3 http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/KSKYAM.pls

This took several seconds to start, as the URL returns a playlist and it appears that sox checks the individual links before it starts playing. This command is unusable on the pw4, as there is no default sound device, even once I get the wget situation sorted out. But the sox command version should be usable once wget works properly.

Unfortunately soxi cannot return information on the stream format, so unless you know that ahead of time it will be impossible to build the gst-launch pipeline.

So at this point it should be possible to programatically play any file on the pw4 that sox recognizes and soxi will return the information required to build the gst-launch pipeline. I guess I should create a shell script to do so as the next step.

Getting sox to use a version of wget other than the the busybox version will be necessary before internet streams can be played, and even at that point the format will need to be known ahead of time to build the gst-launch pipeline and the sox command line.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote