View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 11:14 AM   #71
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You will have to pull the source code package from Debian and build it for ARMel.

Assuming amd64 on your main system (running a Linux) can emulate other processors (including ARM).
Your Kindle (running Amazon/Linux) can not.
Turns out this was not necessary. I was not searching correctly and finally located the missing library in Jessie armel and got two dependencies onto the pw4. Now I am trying to figure out why the now available wget isn't being called:

Code:
[root@kindle sox]# pwd
/mnt/us/extensions/sox
[root@kindle sox]# echo $PATH
.:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
[root@kindle sox]# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib ./wget
./wget: /lib/libuuid.so.1: no version information available (required by ./wget)
wget: missing URL
Usage: wget [OPTION]... [URL]...

Try `wget --help' for more options.
[root@kindle sox]# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib ./soxi http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/WWRCAMAAC.pls
wget: unrecognized option '--no-check-certificate'
BusyBox v1.17.1 (2018-11-27 03:29:06 PST) multi-call binary.

Usage: wget [-csq] [-O FILE] [-Y on/off] [-P DIR] [-U AGENT] URL

Retrieve files via HTTP or FTP

Options:
	-s	Spider mode - only check file existence
	-c	Continue retrieval of aborted transfer
	-q	Quiet
	-P	Set directory prefix to DIR
	-O FILE	Save to FILE ('-' for stdout)
	-U STR	Use STR for User-Agent header
	-Y	Use proxy ('on' or 'off')

./soxi FAIL formats: error reading playlist file URL `http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/WWRCAMAAC.pls'
[root@kindle sox]#
I added the current directory to the front of the path, so it should have been used instead of the busybox one. What did I miss?

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote