Thread: KFX Format
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 08:30 PM   #71
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
My guess is that given the time, effort and cost that appears to have gone into developing and deploying KFX, Amazon plans for it to be something major, rather than just an optional format used on some devices. I suspect that once they complete development of it to the point where it supports all of the features using in existing books they will phase out MOBI and KF8 and eventually support only a single e-book format. At that point kfxgen may replace kindlegen as the means of preparing books for sale by Amazon. Time will tell.
I doubt Mobi will go away as that is the format that is used on 1st, 2nd generation, and DX. KF8 won't be going away because the K3/KK, KT, Kindle Basic (all models) use KF8. In order for Mobi & KF8 to go away, Amazon would have to be able to add KFX to all models of Kindle. I don't think that's going to happen.

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-20-2015 at 08:57 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote