Thread: KFX Format
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 12:45 PM   #69
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The iOS app supports AZK (instead of KF8/AZW3) and MOBI, but it also supports KFX as of version 4.9, released May 21, 2015. When a book is downloaded in KFX format the enhanced typesetting features can be clearly seen, such as hyphenation at smaller font sizes and ragged right margin at larger font sizes.
Ah, okay. I've noticed the enhanced typesetting on my iDevices, but I thought Amazon had tweaked the AZK. Didn't realize iOS apps were now receiving KFX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
... I think the automatic conversion is only temporary until a kfxgen is released for everybody's use.
Do we know with any certainty that kfxgen will be released for general use? Wondering if Amazon will keep KFX entirely in-house
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote