View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 03:34 PM   #11
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I wish I knew what to do about this. I've had bad restores for other applications, so I'm not sure.

1. I think you *should* be able to move your existing library somewhere else, e.g. to the desktop, so it's untouched if restoration goes wrong.

2. And then if you have Time Machine backups, you should be able to go into Time Machine and restore the last good library. Exceptions are if it is in User/Libraries, because Time Machine does not back that up, or if it is excluded via System Preferences > Time Machine > Options.

If you can restore a good library via step 2, then you can probably ditch the bad library moved in step 1.

... Unless there's a problem with moving the library? It's a common technique when debugging Mac software.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote