View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 11:43 AM   #68
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Not my intention to be rude. Merely a truthful observation of the overall trend of this thread. This is how hackers communicate. Read the links I posted earlier. The misperceived rudeness is merely your misinterpretation. I think your emotion-based UX training would be better understood and accepted in the parent Amazon forum, especially after you expressed your disapproval of us and our precise technical geek-like ways (with colorful highlights and bold attributes in our text and our thoughts). We are more into command-line interfaces than emotional aspects of our projects here.

EDIT: UX has its place in mass-market appeal, but is not much use in a specialty technical forum like ours. However, you are very welcome here if you can learn to fit in and not try to change us to be more like you.

UX must always come after technical correctness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
I think you're confused. It seems that you think only "nerds" / "geeks" should be able to jailbreak and visit this forum.

As you've noticed, my tutorial is made for the general public, so simple that even my grandmother could follow it . That's why I posted it here, and that's why the title of this thread is simplified. A lot more eye-catching and to-the-point than "DAG" .

In the end, I just want to help the community spread the word about jailbreaks to the general public. Not just to "geeks". I want everyone to benefit from the amazing software KUAL can integrate to our Kindles! .

EDIT: I don't think jailbreaking would belong in the parent forum, do you? I don't see any threads there currently on this topic. That's why It was posted here . But if it needs to move, and if this subforum is indeed meant for technical developers, then please let me know and I'll have the moderators do so.
No, not just geeks, but anyone who is going to be thrown off by the lack of pictures, well, I dearly hope they don't try messing with some of our more advanced hacks like USBNetwork or the perennially fragile font hack.

And as has been observed, your "eye-catching and to-the-point" tutorial has and had flaws.
Accurate tutorials are far more valuable than simple-and-easy-to-follow tutorials.
Tutorials which build on what came before are less prone to bitrot.

Perhaps you would find more acceptance if in your haste to be helpful you didn't come across as dismissive of the attempts that came before you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
I hoped that the way my tutorial was written, it would eliminate questions and get people going on their way to a jailbroken Kindle

Maybe I should rename the thread to be PW2 specific, so that if someone does have a question and it isn't PW2, then I refer them to the "universal" thread.
And yet, we have never had a lack of people able to follow our more technical guides. And not just techies.
However, your thread has not been exempt from questions. Few things are.

Is this tutorial PW2 specific? If so, why? Most devices are NOT the PW2, so wouldn't it be more helpful to write a more generic guide more people could follow?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote