View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Would you ever buy another e-ink device that does not have this front-lit capability?
I would, I sent my Paperwhite back and went back to using my Touch. Of course I didn't buy the PW mainly for the light, but for the increased screen resolution. If I often found myself in situations where I'd have to use a booklight or something I'm sure my answer would be different, but I've had a Kandle light for approx four years and have needed it exactly one time.

I don't know if it's the lighting situations I find myself in or perhaps the ways I often hold a reader, but I found I'd often get an "under glass" effect when reading the PW (kind of like reading through the glass on a picture frame) which I don't get on any of my other eInk devices. If they could get rid of that effect then I'd have no problem buying a lit reader, but the light would be way down the list of factors I'd consider when looking at the devices features.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote