View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #15
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
As far as a security risk i wouldn't worry, but your books will be exposed. However folks will have to know your IP address and your port number. I initially set this up for my kindle 2 so I could access books from anywhere in the would with my K2. But I've been able to use this everywhere else.

I do use dropbox but only to sync across my devices. Look for a thread titled "A poor man's Whispersync".

Where are you seeing the two files from? The file system or the Moon app. I would guess one is the thumbnail the other is the book

Use the grid view see the attached image
The double books are both places. I show hidden files. I won't worry about it.

I have an older Kindle 3 I think, they call it Wi-Fi on Amazon. Not sure how to get books there other than plugging it in. My hubby has that one now. Not sure how you do anything else with it, it doesn't really have much capability does it? Since he reads slow and lightly (not like me) I put enough books on it for a while

I did use Dropbox to put on another computer to access so at least I have learned that much. I am not as techy as some here. But I am learning

Thanks.
new is offline   Reply With Quote