View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #428
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
Will this also work with the Nexus 7 which doesn't have a card slot? I assume a fonts folder can be placed somewhere in the internal storage?
--Pat
Not sure about the Nexus.
You almost certainly should be able to put the fonts folder somewhere in the onboard storage but where I don't know. The main reason why the sd card location is a "standard" for the fonts folder is because a lot of the early linux and android devices blocked the onboard root directory.
Worst case scenario, you might have to put fonts in each of the apps' install directory.
You might want to ask in the android forum; the nexus 7 owners should know where to put it.

And yes, the suitability of the Nook HD+ as a "universal" reader hinges on the ability to sideload apps. Without it, I'll default to the Kindle.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote