View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 11:13 PM   #8
Ntsimp
Zealot
Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD, Android
I too have had problems with the Google ebooks on the Story HD. I've posted before about the terrible trouble with searching for them, which has never really been fixed--most of the time I can never get to the second page of search results. I tried downloading one free one, and it took a long long time. I don't really know why anyone would use this device in what seems to be its default/intended configuration, since sideloading and using Folder View just works so much better. I agree that the wifi is just for firmware updates.

On the other hand, I have had mostly success with djvu files. I often convert pdf to djvu when it saves significant space, and I usually choose the djvu option when downloading from archive.org (whose epubs I think are some of the buggiest). The djvu files do load a little slower, and I occasionally run into a corrupt file, but overall I'm happy with the Story HD's djvu support.
Ntsimp is offline   Reply With Quote