View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 09:19 PM   #1
kristynah
kristynah began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 624 basic touch
Post PocketBook 624 Basic Touch - Not Starting

Hello, everyone! I've had my PocketBook for years now, I bought it when I was around 17 or 16. I never really downloaded that many books on it, just two very long ones. A year ago or so my book was still working then I gave it to my brother for a while. I got it back not so long ago, maybe a few months ago? As I held it in my hands, the whole book screen was as expected - showing the logo of the device and all. The moment I plugged it in for a charging and I pressed the start button - it lit up and flashed green. But then an hourglass in the middle of the screen appeared and the device has been stuck on that screen for hours now. I thought it would get better if I just turned it off and let it charge - so I did that. But the moment I tried turning it off -- the hoursglass symbol was just stuck in the middle of the screen, regardless of the fact that the device was off. I tried pressing the up and down arrow at the same time - the hourglass disappeared but nothing else popped on the screen. I tried holding the start button for 20 seconds - no effect, the hourglass just keeps going. I tried plugging it in the PC and see if it gets detected as a device - and my PC never recognized my e-reader. I've been charging the pocketbook for about 7 hours or so now. Anyone got any ideas why this may be happening and how can I fix this? As I wanted to download a few books recently and I cannot seem to be getting the problem.
kristynah is offline   Reply With Quote