View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 12:40 PM   #20
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Sure, I updated the attachment links to the thread and the pastebin link to your post. I just wanted to make it as easy as possible for users visiting this thread. It's the same as your logic about why make them copy paste. Why make them click three times instead of once to download a zip, or a firmware?

I thought about attaching the files directly to my thread, but I'm sure that would make the authors like you more upset. But it's about the users visiting this tutorial. I wanted to make it easy. What if I do attach them and provide credits in the thread, is that allowed?

And idk what the "simple jailbreak" method is, sorry. I'm new here and this is the method that worked for me, so just wanted to share it
Your links will break as soon as the attachments are updated by their respective authors. Which will make your thread mostly useless, as-is. And two clicks is easier than a pastebin copy/paste, so not a real analogy. And a direct link makes your post not useful to NON-PW2 owners who COULD HAVE used your tutorial as a guide for similar kindle models. By making it PW2-specific with direct links, as you have done, it makes your thread completely irrelevant, because a PW2 has a MUCH SIMPLER jailbreak which requires fewer potentially risky steps and fewer potentially risky firmware upgrades. As I already explained in a previous post, so I am curious why I need to spend my precious time explaining it AGAIN...

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-04-2016 at 12:44 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote