View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 12:15 PM   #18
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Sorry, can you point out which link is incorrect and what it should be instead? Confused there
No rudeness intended. Just harsh reality. You are violating our hacker etiquette and our hacker ethics here in your posting methodology.

I am looking at your links. I see you copied my post of links (including my "archive.org" comment at the end) to a pastebin, but you failed to provide attribution. Why not just link to my post from which you copied this information? We frown on such things here.

We only needed non-clickable pastebin URLs for firmware images not provided by amazon. There is no need for the extra "copy/paste" complication for updates already provided by amazon. Please replace you pastebin link with a link to my original post from which you copied it, which has CLICKABLE download links (and gives author attribution). Thanks.

Also, providing a direct download link to Branch Delay's jb.zip attachment fails to give him credit for his work as well. Not as questionable as a direct copy (to a less useful resource at that) to pastebin, but still, AT LEAST MENTION where that attachment link was copied from. Better yet, link to his post so HE CAN UPDATE THAT DOWNLOAD FILE as he needs to (your link may succumb to "software rot" if he deletes and replaces his attachment). But then again, why bother with a 5.6.5 upgrade and (more complicated) 5.6.5 jailbreak when a simple 5.4.x jailbreak (copy files and "Update Your Kindle") will suffice?

I realize that direct downloads to OTHER PEOPLE's attachments are more convenient (while they last), but they are subject to change which will BREAK YOUR LINKS, and you fail to give credit where due that way (knc1 and me and Branch Delay and NiLuJe and perhaps others too). And by creating such links, you hijack control of those files so others may avoid updating their attachments to avoid breaking YOUR post (out of courtesy).

There are some "hacker etiquette" lessons yet to be learned, I think... And "attribution" ethics too.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-04-2016 at 12:32 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote