View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 08:13 PM   #393
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
I thought Kual required a Kindle 3 or newer?

I have been able to do ^LL three times, though it can take a couple tries. I have been able to use the menus for other things.

Will organizing files using the computer screw anything up in the rest of the Kindle?
K2 or newer (I.E: Anything other than K1 - K1 doesn't do Active Content).

Have you read my post above, asking for a list of what actions/behaviors you would like to see as "single press hotkeys"?

It depends on what you mean by that "organizing files" -
Are you writing about the files you can see when the Kindle is connected to a PC with the USB cable?

If so, the answer is mostly no.

The Kindle's built-in document reader can only see things in the /documents directory and sub-directories of /documents.
It only gives a 'flat world view' of the documents.

KOreader **does** recognize directory structure and displays the documents according to that structure.
(Since KOreader and Librerator share the same code base, I expect it will also display documents according to the directory structure - but I don't use that application myself - I am just guessing.)

Now if you meant the files that you can see when using USB networking (which lets you see the Kindle's internal file system) -
then the answer is: YES
Disturb any of that and you disturb the device's operation.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote