View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 02:18 AM   #10
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I can't agree with this. I am running firmware from lbook with this clock, and I have no battery drain problems. If the problem coincides with your versions of firmware that have the clock, either they implemented it poorly, or else it's purely coincidence.
I agree with jusmee
I have both a Hanlin V5(PocketPRO) and a Hanlin V3( 6" EZReader) running the Lbook firmware and both have excellent battery life. The clock display comes from the RTC (Real Time Clock) that is built into the ARM processor chip, and that RTC always runs, whether or not it is being displayed, since it is an integral part of the operating system. The power required by the RTC is in the microwatt region, so it has essentially no effect on battery life. The RTC is an integral part of the low power sleep system so battery consumption would be much worse if there were no RTC. Battery discharge problems arise when the firmware does not properly enter sleep mode when there are no active processes. Sleep mode should normally be entered within one or two seconds after any keypress. The Lbook firmware for V3 and V5, and the OpenInkpot firmware for the V3, all have visible clock displays and excellent battery life, so blaming the clock display for excessive battery consumption is just a "red herring".
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote