View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #15
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I haven't been to a bookstore in ... at least a couple of years. It's just a mixture of changes in my life that have brought that about.

1. I can't read paperbooks like I once did. My Kindle's adjustable font size has been a massive help in reading.

2. I moved to an area where bookstores just aren't that common. I think there is, or was, one at the local mall, but I haven't been out there in years. I bought a paperback copy of Dean Koontz's Phantoms at the local used bookshop years, and two moves, ago, haven't been back since.

3. Amazon's ebook selection, limited as it is, is enormous compared to the local bookstores, both in the numbers of titles and in subject matter. There's really no comparison.

I do mourn the passing of bookstores, but time moves on and the world changes with it. I'm entirely happy to do a search at Amazon and browse titles and authors I'd never have seen locally. And having a new book in my hands in minutes in a format that I can actually read is heaven.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote