View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 06:31 AM   #16
John123
Connoisseur
John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40John123 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Samsung Note, Kindle, hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
to my eyes a normal space " ' is fine & it scales /justifies sensibly with all user settings.
Okay. I think we're polarised. So here's my final thought. The problem with your scenario, ie. putting a variable space between " '. I use an iPhone with limited width. It is entirely likely that you will get a couple of words on a line, if that includes nested quotes with a variable space . . . worse still having the quotes breaking over the line, "use & nbsp;" sure. Okay, I'm being nit-picky but where does this end? It is surely a simple thing to have fixed, non-breaking space where required. Which goes back to the original post on this thread.

Here is a more contentious issue. In my opinion, single use ebook reader's, Kindle, etc. will go the way of the Dodo or, at best, have limited sales. The info. phone will, inevitably, take over. Kids are used to reading small screens, so "Why bother with the clutter and expense of having yet another piece of kit?"
John123 is offline   Reply With Quote