View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 03:42 PM   #41728
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Pottering about and starting to get ready to go to bed. I had planned to do some watercolouring today, since it was cooler today. But I got engrossed in my book, 'Salem"s Lot. Tomorrow is going to be another hot day, but maybe I will give watercolouring a try.
LOL, Salem's Lot. The only book I ever read that actually left me scared at night, like a kid. I was serving in Germany, at the time, in Ludwigsburg, before I ended up in Berlin, and anyway, I read it. At night, I had to leave the lights on, because my landlady (I was living on the economy) had this damned tree, in the backyard, that constantly tapped/scraped against the window, right? I'd wake up terrified, with the book causing vampire dreams, and that tree would tap-tap/scrape/scrape me into woken terror. Gosh, that was a looooooong time ago. (early 70's!).

I remember it so clearly because typically, movies don't scare me, books don't...but that one, helped along by my lovely landlady's tree, definitely spooked me. :-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote