View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 11:48 PM   #28
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villax View Post
Thanks so much! I got much further along! I got the calibre gui up and running, but it can't see my library. If I try to create a new one, it won't allow it. I get

OSError: [Errno13] Permission denied

I have tried changing permissions etc, nothing worked. I can create the one they default to in /Nobody/Calibre, but can't figure out where the hell that one is!

Thank you for your amazing reply! It helped a lot!
Hi Villax,

Glad you have good progress. I attached screenshot of my Calibre_Library permission for your reference. Not sure it could help.

If you can't see your existing library, perhaps you did not setup the "Volume" tab in Calibre docker as I explained in my previous reply (I reattached the screenshot here). You have to do the mapping so that Calibre docker can see your library (outside docker environment). If you do the mapping right, when you run Calibre GUI and it opens 'nobody' by default, you should be able to see your existing library; or you may need to go up another directory level.

Let me know if you need further clarification.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre_Library_mapping.PNG
Views:	808
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	170321   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre_Library_permission.PNG
Views:	749
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	170322   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre_Library_permission2.PNG
Views:	684
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	170323   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre_Library_summary.PNG
Views:	701
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	170324  

Last edited by bthoven; 03-21-2019 at 11:55 PM.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote