View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 04:25 AM   #26
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villax View Post
This is where I fall apart! I have my Library on my Synology server, in a folder called Library and a sub folder Ebooks. I used Calibre in Windows 10 to create the library there.

I cannot figure out where to go from here. Docker is installed, image is downloaded and installed, container created.

How do I see if it is working? What address do I use to access it from the internet? Been trying to figure this out all week! I want to be able to set Moon Reader + to see it as a net library and have friends use it as well.

Thanks for any help!

Hi,

If you already have your existing calibre ebook library and want to use it for Calibre in Synology Docker, you have to map your existing ebook library to Calibre Docker in Syno by going into the Volume tab (see screenshot attached), click "add folder", under File/Folder column, search and select your existing ebook library folder (for me, it is a shared folder named "Calibre_Library" in my Synology); then under "Mount Path" column, you name a folder name you want (any name) starting with "/"; then save.

When you first run your Calibre in Docker (see which port to use below), it will start with Calibre setup wizard and it will ask you where your ebook library is located, click browse, you will see "nobody/Calibre…" folder, you need to click the arrow up icon till you see the root directory; then you will see the folder name you mount earlier, choose it. Calibre will then use your existing ebook library.

Now, how can you access the full Calibre gui from browser:
- After you start the Calibre container, go into the "Details" page of the container, it will show you 3 port mapping numbers (see my attached screenshot). Usually, you need to know 2 of the 3 port numbers, i.e. 8080 (Full Calibre GUI) and 8081(Calibre content server for OPDS in your Moon+Reader Net Library). My example, 32775 is mapped to 8080, 32274 to 8081 (you may have different external port numbers of 3xxxxx)

- to access full Calibre GUI, in your internet browser, type 192.168.x.x:32275, it will display a menu for you to choose Calibre to run; then you will find the Calibre setup wizard. Choose your existing ebook library as explained earlier.

- before you can access you Calibre content server, you have to change from port number 8080 to 8081 in the content server setup page inside the Calibre GUI.

- As the external ports 3xxxxx above will change every time your synology restart, you have to fix the external port number. You can go into the Port Settings tab (in Calibre container) and change them. For me, I change them from Auto to 3389, 4001, and 4002 (see my attached screenshot).

- I think you know how to set the port forwarding in your router so that you can access your Calibre from public internet.

Please let me know if you need further clarification.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LibraryMap.PNG
Views:	1017
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	170242   Click image for larger version

Name:	Port.PNG
Views:	939
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	170243   Click image for larger version

Name:	8081.PNG
Views:	911
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	170244   Click image for larger version

Name:	Port_fixed.PNG
Views:	865
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	170245  

Last edited by bthoven; 03-16-2019 at 05:07 AM.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote