View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 09:26 AM   #3
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
TL;DR: Don't.

Please note that you may run into problems with different case sensitivity between windows and Linux operating systems and file systems. This may cause strange problems over time with orphan books and book entries missing books. And you may not notice the problems before you have lost data.

I have experienced this firsthand. I fixed it by completely abandoning windows and NTFS/FAT32/SMB/CIFS. Now I use Linux, ext4 and nfs4. (I cheat a little with SMB on my NAS for my android devices.)

I belive it is safe to have calibre on windows and have a backup on a Linux computer/NAS.

Last edited by Adoby; 12-18-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote