View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 08:32 AM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by devtech8 View Post
So have decided to just keep me ebook in storage on a linux server, but manage things from an installation on Windows 10. That said, are there recommended ways to do this?

How do I run a remote Linux desktop in Windows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devtech8 View Post
Without messing with the location on the linux box where all is stored, can I have the virtual info and cache kept on a drive on my windows box?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks much.
No do not try to info and cache on your windows machine, just use a VNC to administer your calibre.

bernie

P.S.
If you are using your linux machine as a sever using the VNC is the best way to administer it if you are not like using command line.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote